The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney now stands at 4,157. This sharp rise in the total is due to historic cases which are only now being added. These are positive LFD results from 6th of January 2022 to 10th March 2022.
For the first week of March – 1st to 7th – there were 532 positive Covid cases recorded in Orkney. The positivity rate was 2,375 per 100,000 of the population (the Scottish average over this period was 1,223.2
Across Orkney the cases recorded were as follows:
- West Mainland: 105
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 86
- East Mainland: 137
- Isles: 72
How are we doing?
|new cases Orkney||cumulative total|
The stats for Scotland published on 10th March 2022 are as follows:
- 14,387 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 41 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 22 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,636 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,439,451 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,165,704 have received their second dose, and 3,459,127 have received a third dose or booster
What can you do?
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or going to a crowded place – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland