The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 4,190.
Samples from the area served by the Kirkwall sewage system for traces of non-infective Covid-19 ribonucleic acid (RNA) are as follows:
The sampling is important as another tool in measuring the spread of Covid-19 in a community.
How well are we doing?
The stats for Scotland published on 11th of March 2022 are as follows:
- 13,220 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 22 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 23 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,663 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,439,695 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,166,614 have received their second dose, and 3,461,076 have received a third dose or booster
What can you do?
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or going to a crowded place – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland