The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,078.
From the 10th to 16th of April 120 Covid cases were recorded in Orkney with a positivity rate of 535.7 per 100,000 (Scottish positivity rate was 575 per 100,000 over the same period.
The stats for Scotland published on the PHS daily dashboard for the 19th of April are as follows:
To protect yourself and others:
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take a PCR test and isolate if you have symptoms
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home