The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,167.
From 16th to 22nd April there were 93 new Covid cases in Orkney.
Water monitoring of the Kirkwall sewage network still indicates high numbers for coronavirus’ ribonucleic acid (RNA) .
The stats for Scotland published on the Covid-19 Daily Dashboard of PHS on 25th of April 2022 are as follows:
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take a PCR test and isolate if you have symptoms
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home