The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,274.
The stats for Scotland published on 5th May 2022 on the PHS website are as follows:
Deaths in Scotland involving Covid-19
As of the 1st of May 2022, there have been a total of 14,556 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
From 25th April to 1st of May there were 94 deaths involving COVID-19 (27 fewer than the previous week).
- 8 deaths 45 – 64 age group
- 15 deaths 65 – 74 age group
- 29 deaths 75 – 84 age group
- 42 deaths 85+ age group
They were as follows:
- Ayrshire & Arran: 5
- Borders: 7
- Dumfries and Galloway : 5
- Fife: 6
- Forth Valley: 4
- Grampian: 9
- Greater Glasgow & Clyde: 25
- Highland: 4
- Lanarkshire: 7
- Lothian: 10
- Orkney: 0
- Shetland: 0
- Tayside: 12
- Western Isles: 0
The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 17 of 2022 (25th April to 1st May) was 1,256 (17% above the 5-year average).
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
- take an LFD test before visiting someone in a hospital or care home