The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is 5,275 in results published on 6th May 2022. From 27th of April to 3rd of May there were 62 cases reported in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published on 6th May 2022 are as follows:
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
When I saw the lower numbers for Orkney – 7 and then today, one – I wondered if I could start to get hopeful.
Then I thought about it and realised that it’s not that the Covid situation is getting better, it’s because people don’t have to test or report tests any longer. So, in fact, if anything, it’s worse.
The trouble is…….other folk will also see the low figures and think it’s getting better, maybe not look further than that, and behave accordingly.
Talk about statistics lying!