Helen’s Home Cooking
- 1 large baking potato each
- 300g chicken breast sliced thinly
- 125g pack of slim asparagus, trimmed
- mayonnaise, homemade or bought
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter and oil for frying
- Scrub and pierce the potatoes.
- Put in a moderate oven 180’c, 375, gas mark 5, uncovered for 1½hrs turning half way through.
- Heat a griddle/frying pan until very hot add 1 tbls of oil and approx the same amount of butter.
- Once the butter starts to froth, carefully place the asparagus on the griddle, salt and pepper your asparagus and fry for 2-3 mins, turn and repeat the process.
- Remove from the pan and place on kitchen roll, allow to cool.
- Wipe any debris from the pan and re-heat.
- Add 1 tbls of oil and the equivalent butter, and heat until the butter starts to froth.
- Add the chicken to the griddle/frying pan, salt and pepper your chicken and fry for around 3 mins until golden, without moving the chicken.
- Turn the chicken and repeat the process.
- Check your chicken is cooked right through, juices should run clear and remove from the pan. Allow to cool on kitchen roll.
- Once your chicken and asparagus have cooled, place in a fairly large bowl.
- Cover with mayonnaise and stir together.
- Add more mayonnaise along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the fridge until your potatoes are ready.
- Check your potatoes are ready with a skewer, it should glide in easily.
- Once ready, remove from the oven and dress.
- My preference is to cut the potato and mix in butter and salt.
- Add your chicken mixture and serve with salad of your choice.
Leave a Reply