Stats published, 11th of August 2022, by the National Records of Scotland on Covid related deaths are as follows:
- As of 7th August 2022, there have been a total of 15,422 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 31, 1st to 7th August) there were 57 deaths involving COVID-19 (34 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 31 of 2022 (1st to 7th August) was 1,092 (80 or 8% above the 5-year average).
Age groups of Covid related deaths
- Age 45 – 64 : 6 deaths; all 6 were female
- Age 65 – 74 : 12 deaths; 6 female, 6 male
- Age 75 – 84 : 17 deaths; 11 female, 6 male
- Age 85+ : 22 deaths; 14 female, 8 male
Of the 57 deaths – Covid was the main cause of 38 of them. 10 deaths took place in Care Homes, 4 were at Home/Non Institutional setting, and 43 were in hospital.
There were 1,092 deaths in Scotland due to all causes.
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Leave a Reply