The number of people testing positive for Covid in Orkney for the period 14th to 20th of August was 27. The rate was 120.5 per 100,000 compared to the Scottish average of 69.5 per 100,000. This puts Orkney again at the top of the table for the rate of Covid cases for that week.
The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is 6,138.
The stats published on The Public Health Scotland website on 24th of August 2022 are as follows:
- In Scotland, in the week ending 08 August 2022, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 164,100 (95% credible interval: 137,400 to 193,700), equating to 3.12% of the population, or around 1 in 30 people (Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK – Office for National Statistics)
- In the week ending 21 August 2022 there were 10 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, a decrease of 5 from the previous week (14 August 2022)
- In the week ending 21 August 2022, there were on average 819 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 12.3% decrease from the previous week ending 14 August 2022 (934)
- In the week ending 14 August 2022, there were 66 deaths involving COVID-19 (6 more than the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland)
We all need to keep playing our part to protect ourselves and others. You can do this by:
- getting your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- staying at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- opening windows when socialising indoors
- wearing a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- washing your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Categories: Local News