The information published by the National Records of Scotland on Thursday 1st September 2022 is as follows:
- As of 28th August 2022, there have been a total of 15,592 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 34 there were 41 deaths involving COVID-19 (17 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 34 of 2022 (22nd to 28th August) was 1,073 (44 or 4% above the 5-year average).
Age groups for Covid related deaths:
- Age 45-64: 7 deaths; 3 Female, 4 male
- Age 65-74: 9 deaths; 3 Female, 6 Male
- Age 75-84: 10 deaths; 6 Female, 4 Male
- Age 85+: 15 deaths; 11 Female, 4 Male
Location of deaths: 7 were in a Care Home; 5 were at home or in a non institutional setting; 29 were in Hospital.
We all need to keep playing our part to protect ourselves and others. You can do this by:
- getting your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- staying at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- opening windows when socialising indoors
- wearing a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- washing your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.