Scottish Veterans Funding Support For Replacement Medals

Veterans in Scotland are able to apply for funding support if they have medals which have been stolen or lost due to a fire or similar event.

Veterans in Scotland can apply for replacement medals through the Ministry of Defence Medal Office. For veterans resident in Scotland they can also apply for funding if they have a copy of an insurance claim, or in the case of theft, a copy of the police report.

Keith Brown Veterans Secretary in the Scottish Government said:

“I am delighted to announce this support for veterans, whose medals have been lost or stolen through no fault of their own.

“Many of our veterans still bear the physical and mental scars from conflicts and their medals are an important symbol of their courageous service. This scheme is part of a wide range of support provided to show our appreciation and ongoing support for veterans and their families.

Categories: Uncategorized

Tagged as: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply