What was it like shopping in Orkney long before we could buy online? You shopped locally.
J. Mooney was a shop at 10 Bridge Street Kirkwall (today’s Anchor Buildings) .
Here’s what you could get in your 1904 Christmas stocking.
- Leather goods
- Plush novelties
- Fancy wood
- Basket work
- Glass and china ornaments
- Valuable books – especially for young men and young women
- Artistic Christmas and New Year Cards
- Christmas Post Cards
- Beautiful toys – the latest ones
- Games for winter evenings
No plastic of course but I wonder what came under the description of ‘fancy wood’ ?
Categories: Local News