Kirkwall had an ‘Electric Theatre’, in Junction Road which you can read about here: Electric Theatre Kirkwall via Cinema Treasures
Special showing for Christmas night included:
- Queen Bess’s love story starring Sarah Bernhardt
- Mr Jones on the concertina, piano and organ
- Mr Shearer singing ‘On the trail of the lonesome pine’
Monday 29th December
- Tango Dance by Miss Phyllis Dare and George Grossmith
New Year’s day
- Boxing Contest: Bombardier Wells v Gunner Moir
- Songs illustrated with lantern slides by Messrs Johnston Stromness, and Burgess and Shearer Kirkwall
- Also gramophone songs illustrated
GRAND MATINEES – CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS DAY AT 4PM
also on Wednesdays 24th and 31st, and Saturday 27th at 3pm
Admission Christmas Night 1s and 6d. Other nights 6d and 3d. Children – Thursday Matinees, 4d and 2d. Other Matinees, 2d and 1d.
Every evening the audience would be entertained by a String Band.
Categories: Local News