Today’s dish is Spanish chicken, so called for it’s distinctive taste of Chorizo and Paprika.
- 8 pieces of skinned Chicken Thigh
- ½ Chorizo, use all if preferred
- 2 large Onions sliced finely
- 4-5 mushrooms
- 2 medium sized chopped tomatoes
- 2tsps of Garlic Granules or 2 crushed Cloves of Garlic
- 2tsps of Paprika, I used hot
- 2tsps of vegetable stock or 1-2 Chicken stock cubes. Start with one so as dish won’t be over salty
- ¼tsp of Black Pepper
- Fresh chopped Parsley, around a handful
- 3 Bay leaves
- Juice of one Lemon
- ¼ pint of water
- 1tbls of oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot and quickly brown the chicken, remove from the heat.
- In a large casserole dish, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Add the Chicken and stir through.
- Cook in the centre of a preheated oven 180°c, 375°f, gas mark 4 for 1hour or until the chicken is cooked through.
- After 45mins check that there is still enough liquid, if needed add another splash of hot water.
- Alternatively if there is too much water cook for the remaining 15mins without the lid.
- If needed add a little cornflour mixed with water to thicken at the end.
- Serve with rice or wee potatoes.