Tray bakes are always family favourites and Tiffin is right up there with the best. This recipe is just for the most basic of Tiffins; however you can experiment by adding things like, currants, nuts, coconut or even using some ginger nuts in the mix. This is another one that the kids love to get involved with making.
- 500g of digestive biscuits
- 150g of butter or spread
- 150g of sugar
- 2tbls of cocoa powder
- 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk 397g
- 400g of cooking chocolate for over the top
- Crush the biscuits in either a blender or in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin, try to leave some bits a little bigger to give texture.
- In a large pan melt the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and condensed milk, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the biscuit and stir until well combined. Add more biscuit if needed.
- In a lined tray spread out your mixture and press down.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for about ½hr then pour over your melted chocolate.
- I melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Again after about ½hr score the chocolate, then place back in the fridge until completely cold and set.
- Use a sharp knife to completely cut through your score lines.
- Keep in the fridge.