Service should resume as normal next week, but here is another wee recipe from the apprentice, which I made from yellow label radishes (12p) and a mixture of vegetables, which I had to hand and leeks from the garden. This soup is also suitable for both Vegetarians and Vegans.
- 240g pack of Radishes
- 2 Carrots diced
- 5 small Potatoes peeled & diced
- 2 Onions diced
- 2 small leeks chopped
- 1tbls of vegetable stock
- 1tsp of Garlic Granules
- ½tsp of Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2-3tbls of oil, Olive of Rapeseed if you have
- Spring onion or chives to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onions & saute until translucent
- Add potato & radish, stir until covered with the oil
- Add carrot & leek, stir until covered with the oil
- Add approx 2ltr of boiling water & stir around
- Add the vegetable stock, pepper & salt to taste
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for approx 1½ hrs, until vegetables are soft
If you don’t like lumpy soup then blitz with hand blender in the pot or pour into a blender.
I had my soup with a roll & tattie scones enjoy.