During these days of confinement it’s an opportunity for us to rekindle or learn old skills. This extremely easy biscuit recipe is so quick and easy it’s almost embarrassing. It’s also great for getting the kids involved now there appears to be never ending hours in the day to fill.
- 125g of butter or baking spread
- 125g sugar, any will do
- 1 egg beaten
- 125g of plain flour sieved
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 100g of desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl cream the butter/spread and the sugar together.
- Add the egg and bring together, don’t over beat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring together until combined. Do not over mix.
- Using two teaspoons, drop a small amount onto a large lined baking tin, spacing well apart.
- Repeat the process until you have around 9 to a sheet. These shall spread so start reasonably small.
- I usually work with two tins at a time.
- Bake on two shelves in a hot oven, 220°c, 425°f, Gas Mark 7 for 10 mins.
- If like me your oven is not fan, once 10 mins has past, remove the ones on the higher shelf, bring the other batch up a shelf and give another 2-3 mins.
- Repeat the process until all the dough is used up.
- This should make around 30 biscuits, depending on their size.
- Keep in an airtight container.