A public consultation has opened so that views can be shared on the Community Wind Farm Project proposed for Hoy. The project is part of the Orkney Community Wind Farm Project which also includes proposed wind farm developments at Quanterness and on Faray in the North Isles.
The comments made on this survey are not representations to a future planning application. Those would need to be made separately.
The development of the Community Wind Farm Project is classed as a ‘major development’ there is a requirement to submit a Proposal of Application Notice (PAN) to the planning authority and carry out a Pre-Application Consultation (PAC).
In ‘normal’ times a public meeting/event would take place – perhaps even more than one – where people would be able to ask questions and feedback their views. Due to lockdown this cannot happen which is why the OIC Team working on this project has put together an online survey and materials. It is important to view the materials before commenting. Here are two examples of the information panels which have been prepared.
There are documents you can download but you can also receive printed versions and you can also send in your response by post. For those contact Kirsty Groundwater, Project Officer, Orkney Islands Council, Town House, Stromness, KW16 3AA.
The deadline for submitting comments to the Project Team will be Monday 8 June 2020 at 12.00.
Ways to access information about the Hoy Community Wind Farm Project:
- Downloadable and printable versions of the project information.(Scroll down the page and click on Related Downloads) The ‘Hoy PAC Consultation Boards’ document is the public exhibition material and the ‘Hoy PAC – Guide to Consultation Boards’ an explanation of each board.
- You can access a video presentation of the information boards here – video presentation
- On 28 May 2020 from 4pm to 7pm a live and interactive web-based consultation will take place. During the live event you will be able to view outline proposals for the development, find out more about the development and ask questions to members of the Project Team. Further details on this to come.
- Members of the Council’s project team are available by telephone to talk people through the plans and discuss any questions or concerns they may have.
- Members of the Council’s project team are available for virtual one-to-one presentations by Skype on 21 May 2020 and 28 May 2020 between the hours of 12.00 and 3pm as well as at other times by arrangement, to talk people through the plans and discuss any questions or concerns they may have.
- Members of the Council’s project team are available by email to discuss any questions or concerns.
To arrange telephone or Skype sessions please contact Kirsty Groundwater by email or by phone on 07818508323
You can view the video presentation here