Today , 21st of October, 28 deaths were registered where a person tested positive for Covid19.
This is a stark reminder of the devastating affects of the virus on families across Scotland.
- 1,739 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 19.8% of newly tested individuals
- 28 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 73 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 873 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 20,001 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 9.7% of these were positive
You can find the updated figures here: COVID-19+daily+data+-+by+NHS+Board+-+21+October+2020
As well as the large numbers being recorded for the virus in the 5 Health Board areas under stricter measures Orkney also recorded yet another case and the Western Isles 2 more.
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
You should self-isolate and book a COVID-19 test if you have symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste).
Download the NHS Scotland free Test and Protect tracing app. Test and Protect
1 reply »