Orkney which for so long had few Covid positive cases has seen recent increases and today, 9th of January, has recorded a cumulative total of 45.
In Scotland the stats for today, 9th of January, published are as follows:
- 1,865 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 26,352 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 8.7% of these were positive
- 93 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 109 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,596 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19
The virus is transmitted by people. Whist we all await being vaccinated with 2 doses of the vaccine it is up to us all to limit the spread of this highly infectious virus which has claimed so many lives already.
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
And download the NHS Scotland free contact tracing app: Protect Scotland
In mainland Scotland people are advised to Stay at Home except for essential purposes.
Only we can limit the spread of this virus, protecting ourselves and others.