Two more cases have been added to the cumulative total for Orkney bringing that to 51.
The stats for Scotland today, 19th January are:
- 1,165 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 13,193 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 11.1% of these were positive
- 71 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 150 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,989 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 284,582 people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination and 3, 886 have received their second dose
This highly infectious virus is spread by people.
To stop the Spread remember FACTS:
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
- download the Protect Scotland contact tracing app
It is illegal to travel in and out of Scotland except for essential purposes.
1 reply »