Another 2 cases of Covid have been recorded in Orkney bringing the cumulative total so far to 53
The figures published today, 20th of January are as follows:
- 1,656 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 25,476 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 7.5% of these were positive
- 92 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 156 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 2,003 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 309,909 people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination and 4,170 have received their second dose
National Records of Scotland also published their weekly report.
As at 17 January, 7,448 deaths have been registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
Between 11-17 January, 368 deaths were registered which mentioned COVID-19 on the death certificate, a decrease of 23 deaths from the previous week.
66% of the 368 deaths registered in the latest week were of people aged 75 and over, and 10% were aged under 65.
This is why the vaccination programme in Scotland has first taken place in our residential Care Homes and will then be done by Age.
The best way to stop the spread of Covid is to follow FACTS and to download the Protect Scotland app from NHS Scotland.