New stats (17th of March 2021) published for the Covid vaccination programmes in Scotland record an extremely high uptake of the vaccine. In Orkney as of that date 61.5% of islanders have been vaccinated with the first dose, 4.7% with the second dose.
All this week a mass vaccination clinic took place at the Pickaquoy Centre, Kirkwall.
NHS Orkney was expertly supported in the management of the vaccine administration by volunteers from the likes of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and the Red Cross.
On Sunday 21st of March Orkney will move onto vaccination for the next tranche.
Covid-19 Mass Vaccination Clinics at the PICKAQUOY CENTRE for patients on Orkney Mainland including South Ronaldsay and Burray Age Range 41 – 34
To find our more please visit NHS Orkney Facebook page.
When you attend for your vaccination you will be asked some routine questions about your general health and the process will be explained to you.
In Scotland as a whole (17th of March 2021) 2,066.460 people have had their first dose of the vaccine – 45.5%
201,435 , 4.4% have had their second dose.
The Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines are being used in Scotland.
Mainland Scotland has had some easing of restrictions but the advice there is still to ‘Stay At Home’. Orkney is still at level 3.
The stats for Scotland (17th of March 2021) are as follows:
- 655 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 25,080 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.9% of these were positive
- 8 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 35 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 397 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
The public health advice to prevent the spread of Covid remains:
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a testif you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
- download the Protect Scotland contact tracing app
1 reply »