It’s been a very long time since Orkney had a new case of Covid recorded (18th of February 2021)but unfortunately that has now occurred.
The stats for Scotland reported today 21st of March 2021 are as follows:
- 532 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 21,010 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.9% of these were positive
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (Noting that registry offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 31 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 344 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 2,144,940* people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 220,188 have received their second dose
Although uptake of vaccination of the first dose in Orkney has been extremely successful it is important to realise that people can still catch and pass on this highly infectious virus.
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and book a testif you have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste)
- download the Protect Scotland contact tracing app
This week Orkney is vaccinating age group 34 – 41