There are few things more satisfying than making your own cookies, here is a quick recipe for no fuss Chocolate Chip Cookies, with or without Nuts.
Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 175g of Plain Flour
- 125g of Margarine
- 1 Egg
- 85g of Soft Brown Sugar
- 55g of Caster Sugar
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- 100g of Chocolate Chips
- 50g of chopped Nuts optional
Heat your oven 190’c, 375’f Gas Mark 5
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
- Line two oven proof trays with baking parchment/paper.
- Keeping well spaced, drop a tsp of your mix onto the trays.
- Continue until all the mix is used.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on racks.
- Your cookies should harden up so don’t worry if they feel soft.
- These should keep for at least two weeks in an airtight container.