A new positive test result has been recorded in Orkney for Covid19 bringing the total to 77.
Cases are rising in the UK including in Scotland.
The stats for Scotland published on 18th of June 2021are as follows:
- 950 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 29,254 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 3.5% of these were positive
- 2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 128 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,591,638 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,535,803 have received their second dose
In Orkney 12,443 ( 94.5%) of those aged 40+ have had their first dose of the Covid19 vaccine, 11,914 (90.5%) have had both doses. Due to the new variants, booster jags will very likely be needed.
People, wherever they live in Scotland, should keep to FACTS
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app