By Bernie Bell
As one of the day-brightening things in Week 38 …. https://theorkneynews.scot/2021/09/25/week-thirty-eight-one-day-at-a-time/, I wrote of our having Mushroom Bruschetta for lunch, and then thought I’d write up the recipe for TON.
As mentioned in ‘One Day At A time’ – we ate the evidence, so the pic. is of the ingredients….
1) Chop a good quantity of mushrooms – about 6oz should be OK for two people – or for one Greedy Gulpen. Chestnut mushrooms are ideal.
2) Fry mushrooms in a splash of Olive oil. When the oil has been absorbed, add a knob of butter or marge.
3) When the mushrooms are softened, add chopped parsley and a finely chopped clove of garlic ( more if you likes garlic).
4) Fry for a minute or two ( mind not to burn the garlic), then add a splash of dark soy sauce and a slug of balsamic vinegar ( be brave!).
5) Reduce the excess liquid from the vinegar, then season with black pepper and serve on thick, toasted slices of a nice crusty bread – with or without butter/marge, according to taste. Tiger bread from the Co-op works well with this.