The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 909 as 2 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board area.
16,838 (84.9 %) of people aged 12+ in Orkney are fully vaccinated.
7,078 (35.7%) in Orkney have had a third booster jag.
The stats published for Scotland on 28th of November 2021 are as follows:
- 2,177 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 24,918 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 9.3% of these were positive
- 0 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 55 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 709 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,344,985 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,946,514 have received their second dose, and 1,629,572 have received a third dose or booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests before socialising or mixing with other households in any setting.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster when offered
- wear a face covering where required
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- if you can, keep your distance from people not in your group
- continue to work from home whenever possible
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport), Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland