Although Chicken and Potatoes are extremely versatile dishes, we sometimes find ourselves eating them the same way time and time again. Here are a couple of recipes to add a little spice into these most popular of ingredients.
Grilled Indian Chicken with Bombay Potatoes
Grilled Indian Chicken
- 400g of Chicken Breast (approx)
- 1 cup of Natural Yoghurt
- 1½tbls of Tomato purée
- ½tsp of Turmeric
- 1½tsp of Garam Masala
- 1tsp Coriander Powder
- 1½tsp of Garlic Granules or 1 crushed Garlic Clove
- 1½tsp of Cumin Powder
- 1tsp of Ginger Powder or 2tsp of grated fresh Ginger
- ¼tsp of Chilli Powder
- ¼tsp of Salt
- Slice the Chicken through the middle lengthways to give two large fillets.
- In a bowl or bag, mix the Yoghurt and Tomato purée together.
- Add all the spices into the liquid and stir through thoroughly.
- Score 2 or 3 cuts across the Chicken Fillets.
- Add the Chicken to the mix and and stir until the Chicken is well covered.
- Leave to marinade for as long as you can, overnight is good but a few hours will suffice.
- Place Chicken on a wire rack under the grill at a moderate heat and cook until the juices run clear around 10-15 minutes. Turn frequently basting your Chicken with the remaining Yoghurt mix.
- 4-6 large Potatoes peeled
- ½tsp of Mustard Seeds
- ½tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1tsp of Cumin Powder
- 1tsp of Coriander Powder
- ½tsp of Curry Powder (strength your choice)
- ½tsp of Turmeric
- 1tsp of Garlic Granules or 1 crushed Garlic Clove
- 1tsp of Ginger Powder or ½ inch of fresh Ginger grated
- ½tsp of Chilli Flakes
- 3tbls of oil
- Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into approximately ¾ inch cubes.
- Cook in salted boiling water for about 10 mins until almost ready.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan/wok heat your oil until fairly hot but not smoking.
- Add the Mustard Seeds and Cumin seeds and stir for about a minute.
- Add the Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Curry Powder and stir for about a minute until the oils are released.
- Add the Garlic, Ginger and Turmeric and stir until combined.
- Add the Potatoes and chilli flakes then toss until well coated.
- Turn the heat right down and cook until Potatoes are heated through and soft.
- Scatter over your chopped Coriander.
- Serve with your Chicken and enjoy.
Leave a Reply