By Bernie and Mike Bell
- ½ a small can of corn niblets
- 4 oz lentils (pre-soaked), or equivalent of mince, or vegemince
- Small tin of tomato soup, or for the lactose intolerant – equivalent amount of Passata
- 1 tblsp tomato ketchup
- 2 oz cheese
- ½ a green pepper, chopped
- 3 oz mushrooms, sliced
- Garlic, chopped ( how much depends on how much you like garlic!)
- ¼ pkt of pasta shapes
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil for frying
Heat oven to 200°C
Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking fry peppers, mushrooms and garlic in a little olive oil. Add and fry mince if using, otherwise add the pre-cooked lentils. Add soup (or passata), ketchup and corn and stir in cooked pasta – add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a buttered casserole dish and arrange cheese slices on top.
Cook for 20-30 minutes in oven.