The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,405.
The monitoring of Kirkwall’s sewage system continues to show positive readings for traces of non-infective Covid-19 ribonucleic acid (RNA)
The stats for Scotland published today, 2nd of June 2022, on the PHS website are as follows:
National Records of Scotland: Deaths Involving Covid-19
- As of 29th May 2022, there have been a total of 14,799 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 23rd to 29th May there were 45 deaths involving COVID-19 (8 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 21 of 2022 (23rd to 29th May) was 1,090 (3% above the 5-year average).
Deaths involving Covid 19 Age Groups
- Age 45 – 64: 2 deaths
- Age 65 – 74: 11 deaths
- Age 75 – 84: 14 deaths
- Age 85+ : 18 deaths
7 deaths occurred in Care Homes, 8 at Home/non institutional setting, 30 in a Hospital
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Categories: Local News