Data published today, 23rd June 2022 by the National Records of Scotland shows:
- As of 19th June 2022, there have been a total of 14,901 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 24 (13th to 19th June) there were 41 deaths involving COVID-19 (2 more than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 24 of 2022 (13th to 19th June) was 1,178 (175 or 17% above the 5-year average).
1 death involving Covid was recorded in Orkney on 13th of June 2022
Covid related deaths by age group
- Age 15 – 44: 2 deaths
- Age 45 – 64: 2 deaths
- Age 65 – 74: 9 deaths
- Age 75 – 84: 15 deaths
- Age 85+ 13 deaths
9 deaths were in Care Homes; 4 were at home/non institutional setting; 27 in hospital and 1 in an other intuitional setting.
Related article: 122 New #Covid Cases in Orkney: Weekly Update 22nd June 2022
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Categories: Local News