STATEMENT FROM NHS ORKNEY
A small cluster of Covid-19 cases has been confirmed on IP2 in the Balfour Hospital. Covid has not been the cause of admission for these patients.
As a precautionary measure the ward is currently closed to new admissions, with visiting limited to essential visitors only. We ask that all visitors undertake a lateral flow test before coming into the hospital. Lateral flow tests can be ordered online via https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow… or by calling 119.
Thank you to the recent visitors who immediately informed staff after testing positive for Covid, as this ensured we were then able to take early preventative measures.
At this point in time there is no necessity to change or cancel planned activity in the hospital.
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Categories: Local News