From The National Records of Scotland :
- As of 24th July 2022, there have been a total of 15,274 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 29 (18th July to 24th July) there were 92 deaths involving COVID-19 (8 more than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 29 of 2022 (18th July to 24th July) was 1,121 (104 or 10% above the 5-year average).
1 Covid related death was recorded in Orkney on 18th of July.
Of the 92 Covid related deaths, in 43 of them Covid was the underlying cause.
Age Groups of deaths involving Covid
- Age 45 – 64: 5 deaths
- Age 65 – 74: 24 deaths
- Age 75 – 84: 26 deaths
- Age 85+ : 37 deaths
75 Covid related deaths took place in Hospital; 9 were in a Care Home and 8 at Home/Non Institution
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
1 reply »