From the 25th to the 31st of July, 23 new Covid cases were recorded in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published by PHS on 3rd of August 2022 are as follows:
- In Scotland, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 272,000 (95% credible interval: 223,600 to 324,400), equating to 5.17% of the population, or around 1 in 19 people (Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK – Office for National Statistics)
- In the week ending 31 July 2022 there were 17 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, a decrease of 16 from the previous week (week ending 24 Jul 2022)
- In the week ending 31 July 2022, there were on average 1,461 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 12.0% decrease from the previous week ending 24 July 2022 (1,660)
- In the week ending 24 July 2022, there were 92 deaths involving COVID-19 (8 more than the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland)
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.