A consultation has been launched about the future for high quality and sustainable food production in Scotland’s farming sector.
The consultation by the Scottish Government is open until 21st of November 2022 and its results will help to shape Scotland’s Agricultural Bill.
The consultation covers a range of key themes including:
- high quality food production;
- ensuring a fair income for farmers;
- environmental care with powers and other mechanisms to allow future payments to farmers, crofters and land managers to support delivery of national climate change adaptation objectives;
- nature restoration and protecting biodiversity;
- vibrant rural areas;
- protect food and health quality;
- fostering knowledge and innovation.
The consultation process will include a series of online and in-person events.
Categories: Local News