- As of 25th September 2022, there have been a total of 15,736 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 38 there were 33 deaths involving COVID-19 (8 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 38 of 2022 (19th to 25th September) was 988 (64 or 6% below the 5-year average). Note that there was a bank holiday in this week so figures will be artificially low.
In more detail
Of the 33 Covid related deaths for the week ending 25th of September, in 13 of them Covid was the underlying cause.
There was 1 Covid related death recorded in Orkney.
The total number of deaths due to all causes for the week ending 25th of September was 988, 64 fewer than the 5 years average.
Ages of those who died:
- Age 45 – 64: 6 deaths; 4 Female, 2 Male
- Age 65 – 74; 2 deaths; Male
- Age 75 – 84: 17 deaths; 6 Female, 11 Male
- Age 85+ : 8 deaths; 4 Female, 4 Male
5 deaths were in Care Homes, 1 death occurred at home/non institutional setting, and 27 deaths were in hospital.
Categories: Local News