The weekly stats published by the National Records of Scotland on 17th of November 2022 are as follows:
- As of 6th November 2022, there have been a total of 16,004 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 44 there were 45 deaths involving COVID-19 (three fewer than the previous week).
- The total number of deaths registered in Scotland in week 45 of 2022 was 1,219. This was 52 deaths more than the five year average for week 45 (4% above average).
In more detail:
- Age 45 – 64: 2 deaths, Male
- Age 65 – 74: 9 deaths, 5 Female, 4 Male
- Age 75 – 84: 14 deaths, 9 Female, 5 Male
- Age 85+ : 22 deaths, 7 Female, 15 Male
There were 3 deaths in Care Homes, 1 at Home/Non Institutional Setting and 43 in Hospital.
There were in total 1,219 deaths due to all causes, 52 excess deaths (4%) over a 5 year average. Of the 47 deaths involving Covid, Covid was the underlying cause in 25 of them.
Click on this link for the NRS Monthly Report
Monthly mortality analysis, deaths occurring up to 31st October 2022
Leave a Reply