Nice and simple and exceptionally quick, Chinese hot and sour soup will be on the table in 30mins, what’s not to like.
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
- 400g raw or cooked chicken thinly sliced.
- 200g mushroom.
- mixed Chinese vegetables fresh or frozen, a good couple of handfuls.
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated.
- 2 garlic cloves or 2tsp garlic granules.
- 2 chicken stock cubes.
- spring onion for dressing.
- 1 tbls soy sauce.
- 1 tbls sesame.
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes.
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional).
- 3 tbls rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar or cider vinegar.
- 2 tbls cornflour.
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1 litre water.
Ok this is so quick and easy, so here goes.
- In a Bowl,toss chicken strips/pieces in the sesame oil, set aside
- In a large pot, put your water, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chili, stock cubes and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 mins.
- Mix the cornflour with the vinegar, set aside.
- Add your vegetables and chicken and return to the boil.
- Slowly stir in the beaten egg to create strands.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in the cornflour vinegar mix.
- Return to the heat and bring back to the boil, cook for around 5mins or until raw chicken is cooked
- Serve with chopped spring onion over the top.
Next week is what I call Tex Mex Spaghetti for this you shall need, 300g chicken, onions, mushrooms, red pepper, smoked paprika, chili, garlic and spaghetti.
Love this with crusty bread🍞
Homemade of course.
Of course, by your own recipe😉