This dish I made for the first time around 10days ago and was so pleased with the results I decided o put them up as a recipe whilst the recipe was still fresh in my mind. Very easy to make and super tasty.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 375g of Chicken
- A handful of Frozen Peas
- 2 Carrots diced
- 4 or 5 Mushrooms chopped roughly
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic or 3tsps of Garlic Granules
- 3 beaten, salted and peppered Eggs
- 3 tbls of Sesamé Oil
- 4 tbls of light Soy sauce
- 350g pre cooked cold Rice
- 2 tbls of oil for cooking
- 3 Spring onions sliced for the garnish
- In a high sided frying pan or wok, heat the oil and the Sesamé oil.
- Add the Chicken, Carrot and the Onion and fry for around 4-5mins.
- Add the Mushrooms and the Peas and fry for a further 3 mins.
- Add the Garlic and stir to coat.
- Pushing the Veg and Chicken mix to the side of the pan, add the Eggs to the empty side.
- Stir fairly quickly until the Egg is lightly scrambled.
- Add the Rice and drizzle the Soy sauce over the mixture.
- Stir gently until the Rice is heated through, taste and add a little more soy sauce and sesame oil as needed. Garnish with the Spring Onions and serve.
Next week shall be flash fried chicken, served with potato wedges and curried rice stuffed tomatoes.
Leave a Reply