This has to be one of the most intriguing recipes ever. My Mum sent it to me this week so I decided to film the first time I used it. I can’t accredit the actual person who did the recipe as I don’t know their name but I can say it was in the Cockpen and Carrington Church Newsletter.
pre heat your oven at 220°c , 425°f or gas mark 7
- 600g of Self Raising Flour
- 300mls of Double Cream
- 1 tin of Lemonade
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the cream and stir in.
- Add the full tin of Lemonade and mix in.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and lightly knead.
- Pat the dough down until it is about 4-5cm thick.
- Using a 4cm round cutter, cut out your Scones, reshaping any leftover dough and cutting until all the dough is used.
- Put the scones on a lightly floured baking sheet/tray, sprinkle a little more flour over the top of your scones and bake in the oven for twenty minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with jam and butter.