This has to be one of the most intriguing recipes ever. My Mum sent it to me this week so I decided to film the first time I used it. I can’t accredit the actual person who did the recipe as I don’t know their name but I can say it was in the Cockpen and Carrington Church Newsletter.
pre heat your oven at 220°c , 425°f or gas mark 7
- 600g of Self Raising Flour
- 300mls of Double Cream
- 1 tin of Lemonade
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the cream and stir in.
- Add the full tin of Lemonade and mix in.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and lightly knead.
- Pat the dough down until it is about 4-5cm thick.
- Using a 4cm round cutter, cut out your Scones, reshaping any leftover dough and cutting until all the dough is used.
- Put the scones on a lightly floured baking sheet/tray, sprinkle a little more flour over the top of your scones and bake in the oven for twenty minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with jam and butter.
All scones are magic! Jam and cream, just completes the spell.
would this work with different types of flour?
I’d imagine you’d need to use baking powder if using plain flour, probably at least two tsps worth to combat the double cream