This recipe could not be simpler, I use a combination of mascarpone and cream cheese, but two of either works just as well.
- 200g of crushed digestive biscuits
- 100g of melted butter
- 1 tub of mascarpone, size varies depending on shop but usually around 250-300g
- 1 tub of cream cheese, again size varies according to shop but usually in the region of 200g
- 160-175g of caster sugar
- 2 lemons, both zest and juice needed.
- A handful of frozen summer fruits or fruit of your choice.
- Crush you biscuits finely and add the melted butter.
- Press biscuit mix into an 8inch lined cake tin, one with a removable bottom piece is easiest but not essential.
- Put into the fridge and allow to chill.
- Combine sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Add the mascarpone and cream cheese and mix together. Don’t over mix as this will cause splitting.
- Pour over your chilled biscuit mix, put it back into the fridge and allow to set.
- Defrost the summer fruits retaining the juice.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and put onto your serving plate.
- Decorate with the summer fruits and drizzle some or all of the juice over the top.
- Serve and enjoy.