This recipe could not be simpler, I use a combination of mascarpone and cream cheese, but two of either works just as well.
- 200g of crushed digestive biscuits
- 100g of melted butter
- 1 tub of mascarpone, size varies depending on shop but usually around 250-300g
- 1 tub of cream cheese, again size varies according to shop but usually in the region of 200g
- 160-175g of caster sugar
- 2 lemons, both zest and juice needed.
- A handful of frozen summer fruits or fruit of your choice.
- Crush you biscuits finely and add the melted butter.
- Press biscuit mix into an 8inch lined cake tin, one with a removable bottom piece is easiest but not essential.
- Put into the fridge and allow to chill for around 1 hour.
- Combine sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Add the mascarpone and cream cheese and mix together. Don’t over mix as this will cause splitting.
- Pour over your chilled biscuit mix, put it back into the fridge and allow to set. Give around 3-4 hours for setting.
- Defrost the summer fruits retaining the juice.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and put onto your serving plate.
- Decorate with the summer fruits and drizzle some or all of the juice over the top.
- Serve and enjoy.
nice Helen – that’s how I make it. Always a success with visitors!
People could also use orange or lime instead of lemon to ring the changes.
Notice you gave the chilling and setting times in the video – might be helpful to add them to the recipe
Hi Ben, sorry for the very late response but I must have missed this at the time, just came across it as I’m making this today. I’ve updated to give the times in the written recipe as you suggested, thank you for that. Helen