You know what it’s like, you’ve perhaps had a barbecue and if you freeze uneaten chicken, stuck some cybees and lemons in the fridge, saying I’ll use these another time. Well here is a simple soup that will use up all these wee leftovers. These ingredients can be adapted to what you have. Leave out the meat for an extremely tasty vegetarian alternative.
- 6 chicken wings or two drumsticks (cooked)
- ½ a lemon
- 4 or 5 Syboes or as I prefer to spell it cybees (spring onions) roughly chopped
- 1 carrot very finely sliced or julienned
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of macaroni or alternative
- 2tsps of vegetable stock or two stock cubes
- 3tsps of garlic granules
- ¼ tsp of mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp of thyme (optional)
- 1 litre of hot water
- A good glug of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- A little grated cheese for over the top
- Leaving out the macaroni put everything else into your pot.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for approx 40mins
- Add the pasta, bring back to the boil and cook for 20mins.
- Serve and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread. We had this with some leftover Christmas flatbread, out of date but still perfectly crispy and Dornoch creamy Blue.