As with a great many recipes they don’t need to be difficult to impress. This one is always a winner whether with the family or as a supper when having friends round. This is a favourite of mine during the month of May when Jersey Royals are available, however baby potatoes shall work too.
Baked Cheese and Roasted Fragrant Jersey Royals
- 250g round of Brie or Camembert
- 450g of unpeeled Jersey Royals or baby potatoes
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Dried Rosemary or Thyme
- Garlic Granules
- Pre heat your oven to 180′c, 375′f, gas mark 4.
- Lightly oil an ashet and tip your tatties into it, cutting larger ones in half.
- Drizzle over some olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, garlic and herbs, adjusting to suit your taste. If unsure start with around a ¼tsp of each. I use more garlic than this but everybodies tastes vary.
- Place into the top of the oven for around 20mins.
- If using Brie unwrap and place into a small dish. Cover with tin foil.
- If using Camembert, unwrap your cheese place back into it’s wee basket and cover with the lid, place on a baking tray. Double check the basket is made with staples, if glued use a seperate dish.
- After cooking your tatties for 20mins, remove from the oven and give them a good shoogle.
- Return your tatties to the oven and put the cheese in at this point.
- Further cook for around 25mins until the tatties are golden and the cheese has started to sizzle.
- Place the cheese in the centre of a serving plate and surround with the tatties.
- Grab a fork and delve right in. Be careful as this is very hot.
NB. This works just as well with boiled baby potatoes, tossed in butter with a little parsley.