Merry Christmas Everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Here’s a wee cooking suggestion for using up those leftovers we always seem to have.
Over this coming weekend I’m going to give you a couple of ideas on how to cut down on food waste; but in the meantime why not package up some Turkey and gravy leftovers into wee freezer bags as individual portions and freeze, either for yourself or if you don’t think you will be able to face more Turkey; even come February, why not hand them into an elderly neighbour who I’m sure will be really appreciative.
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon.
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Leftover sprouts halved
- 50g of butter
- In a large frying pan fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from the pan and put onto kitchen roll.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the sprouts and heat through. If using uncooked sprouts cook for around 15 minutes.
- Add the bacon and stir through.
- Serve and enjoy this alternative way to have sprouts.
- Leftover or freshly cooked potato
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 100g of strong cheese grated
- Heat the potato and mix through the garlic and the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted through.
- Grease an ashet large enough to the take the potato.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top.
- Cook in a pre-heated 180’c, 375’f or gas mark 4 oven for 35mins or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.