This weeks recipe comes thanks to a request via You Tube and what a blast from the past it is. Rock Buns, yum yum, get the kids involved, super easy, super tasty.
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 125g of dried fruit, either currants, raisins or sultanas
- 85g of Sugar, I used Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g of Butter or Baking Spread
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1½tsp of Mixed Spice
- 1 Egg beaten with 2tbls of Milk
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- Mix the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and fruit.
- Add the egg/milk and mix well until everything is combined.
- Using a dessert spoon, drop a golf ball sized amount onto a lined baking sheet.
- Space well apart.
- Sprinkle a little demerara sugar over the tops.
- Bake in the centre of a pre heated oven 180°c, 350°f, Gas Mark 4 for 20-25mins until golden brown.
- Eat warm or cold…..Enjoy