This may feel a little footery but in my opinion it is well worth the effort and works out far more economic than buying them in the shop.
- 200g plain flour
- 50g sugar
- 1pkt of yeast
- ½tsp salt
- 125mls of hottish milk
- 3tbls of oil
- 1 egg beaten
- extra 50g plain flour set aside
- 55g soft brown sugar
- 3tsp of cinnamon powder
- 40g of soft butter
- 100g of icing sugar
- ¼tsp of vanilla essence
- 3-4tsp of cold water
- Put the flour, sugar, yeast and salt into a large bowl/mixer and stir together.
- Add the oil and the milk, start to mix.
- Add the egg and mix on high for 3mins.
- Slowly add the extra 50g of flour until you have a stiffish dough.
- Tip onto a floured surface and gently knead for 5mins, cover and leave for 15mins
- On a floured surface roll the dough into a rectangle, approx 12″ x 9″
- Spread the softened butter over the dough right to the edges.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and spread over the butter, as evenly as possible.
- Roll the dough up from the narrow side, not too tightly.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces and place in greased 9inch round tin, remembering to put one in the centre.
- Cover and allow to rise for 1hr30mins.
- Cook in the centre of a pre heated oven 180°c, 350°f, Gas Mark 4 for 15mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with the water. It needs to be a pouring consistency but not too runny.
- Pour over the cooled buns and allow to set.
Brilliant you made it look easy and it was now hooked watching your videos
Absolutely delighted that you are enjoying them. Hopefully they shall all turn out to your liking. H