The cumulative number of positive Covid19 tests recorded in Orkney now stands at 31.
It was only last week that some of Orkney’s political leaders were wanting to ease restrictions in the islands. The nature of this fast moving highly infectious virus is such that if you give it a chance to spread, it will take it.
As of today, 23rd October the stats for Scotland are as follows:
- 1,401 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 20.6% of newly tested individuals
- 18 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 76 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 975 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 19,014 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 8.0% of these were positive
You can find these stats here:
The virus is passed on by us, humans, and we are the ones who can limit and even stop its spread.
And if you can download the free NHS Scotland APP : Protect Scotland
And click on this link if you have any of these symptoms: new, continuous cough, fever or loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste.