- 1 tbls of oil
- 250g of mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 peeled potatoes grated
- 2 tsp of garlic
- 1/4 tsp of dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp of dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 2 stock cubes or 2 tsp of dried stock powder
- 1&1/2 litres of liquid, usually 1 litre of water to 1/2 litre of milk
- Cream if desired
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and further fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for around 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- If you want a smooth soup then carefully liquidise it.
- 400g of strong bread flour
- 2 tsp of yeast
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbls of oil, I used Scottish Rape Seed
- 200mls of warm water
- Measure the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the salt and the yeast to opposite sides.
- create a well and pour in the oil and 2/3 of the water.
- Bring together with your hands and add the remaining water as needed.
- Tip out onto a floured surface.
- Knead the bread for around 5 minutes until it feels smooth.
- Cut into 8 or 9 rolls depending on the size you want.
- Place onto a large tray and set aside to rise. This normally takes around 1 hour.
- In a hot oven 225’c, 400’f Gas Mark 6 cook for about 15 mins until golden on top.
- Serve with the soup and enjoy.
Leave a Reply