Just because your bananas might not look appetising for your cornflakes anymore doesn’t mean they can’t be used, once the skins go black the fruit inside has become super sweet and gooey, perfect for baking.
Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- ½tsp of Bicarb of Soda
- 115g of sugar, Caster is best but any will do
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 125mls of Milk
- 75g of Butter melted
- 2 overripe Bananas, mashed
- 50g of Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Salt
- Sieve the Flour, Baking Powder, Bicarb of Soda and Salt into a large bowl.
- Tip in the Sugar and stir through.
- Create a well in the centre and tip in the wet ingredients.
- Stir gently until just combined, do not over stir.
- Pour in the Chocolate chips and gently stir through.
- Put Muffin Cases into a Muffin tin, ¾ fill the cases with the mix .
- Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 190°c, 390°f, Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and dust with Icing Sugar
- Alternatively, eat hot with ice cream and Enjoy.